Wednesday, June 21, 2006

RSVP.....PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Okay,This is a major vent for me. I had a Pampered Chef party last Wednesday....or at least I was supposed to. I invited 43 people just to cover my bases and NONE OF THEM SHOWED UP. Even the ones who rsvp'd. I was thoroughly pissed and sad at the same time. Sara who was doing my party and I were the only ones there. I couldn't believe it. I thought how freakin rude. I did everything and beyond to make sure people at least rsvp'd. I highlighted the "Please rsvp as soon as possible"line on the invite. I called everyone. Noone returned calls or answered their phones. I was super mad. I know that all of those people use phones. If they didn't want to come they could have said no. I am okay with that. I am not okay with being ignored. It was like being a teenager again. You have a party and then you bite off all of your nails hoping that people will come and then you want to jump off a bridge when they don't. Bad flashbacks....bad flashbacks. The sad thing is that all of these people were from our church. I know that people have busier lives than me but that to me inexcusable. I am not going to harp...it is done. Sara and I did make the best of it though. We had a good time drowning our sorrows and laughing until we tinkled. Good times....good times.

14 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Sarafu said...

It was a good time! It sucked that people were such Losers and didnt show up but it was fun none the less. I hav e to say that lots of people lost ALOT of my respect over the last few days though!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Annette said...

I would have been there!!!

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Girlscout said...

I cannot believe that!! That is horrible! I would have been there too, for sure. I am so sorry that happened to you guys!!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Mrs. Sara said...

I would have come, girl! I could use a baking stone! Invite me next time!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Sarafu said...

Its good to know that all the people on the weat coast would of been there. We just need to go out there and do one! :)

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Annette said...

HECK YES!!! You can use my livingroom!!! You have my word! Come to Mount Vernon and you can sell out your ying yang in my livingroom!!! Love to have y'a!!! You can even stay in my guest room and pet my puppy :)

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Desiree said...

Thanks for the support everyone! Maybe we can work something out for the westcoast...Sara...dare I say it? ROADTRIP!!!!!!!!!
Girlscout where are you at exactly? you could come too!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Annette said...

seattle is only an hour south of us! I bet even Richie would come.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Desiree said...

Flippin' Sweet. Heck yes he would!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Sarafu said...

Sara, Liz is having one on the 28th if your interested! No pressure but I thought I would let you know. Its entertaining to watch me stumble ver my words and drop things constantly! You would think being a theatre major I could do a good Pampered Chef show! LOL! Desiree, being my personal assistant, wrote me a script so we will see how I do with that! :)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Girlscout said...

I am right in Seattle, about 15 miles from the Space Needle. ROADTRIP!!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

Des, Too bad that I moved...you know I would have been there!!!! And I would have RSVP'd!!!! Sara, you can come to the East Coast to do a party as well!!:)

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Mrs. Sara said...

Fu, I am SOOOOO there. :) I haven't seen you girls in WAY too long! It's gonna be fun! I'm trying to get my friend Alli to come, too. We'll see if that works.

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what a Pampered Chef party is, but I know what common courtesy is and your fellow parishioners need to hear a sermon about courtesy. A very forcefully delivered sermon at that. Maybe a nice Powerpoint presentation would help the deadbeats get the message. Holy rudeness, Batman!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home