Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Old Fart Moment


I am old. I was checking out my old high school and noticed that they are having a ten year reunion. WOW! Where did the time go and man have I done a lot of things.
1. Got Married(Eight and a half years...and still frisky!)
2. I have two kids.
3. Lived in Israel for a year.
4. Lived in the States for nine.
5. Travelled to London, Germany, Bucharest, Cyprus, Barcelona, Egypt and Israel.
6. Done some missions training.
7. Learned another language.
8. Planned and coordinated eight weddings...not including my own and I am working on #9!
9. Finished a cake decorating class
10. Received a Green Card and started the process for citizenship.

Those seem like big things to me. Does everybody do that much stuff? Maybe that is normal and I am making a big deal out of it but, coming from an island where nothing really happens it seems like a lot. Anyway, so my reunion is on August 18th through the 20th and I am so upset because I am going to Victoria on the 22nd! AAAHHHHHHHH! I can't believe that I am arriving two days later. I am super bummed but, what can you do? Hopefully I will be able to still get in touch with a few people and see them while I am there. So that is that. I feel old. I totally had an out-of-touch-with-this-generation moment. That sucks. It is all down hill from here. I will have to start saying things like"Back when I was in school..." and "Those young kids don't understand discipline and diligence."
(sigh) I so don't miss high school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home