Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My Best Friend

I can't believe it! I found a friend of mine who I haven't talked to since I was 12. Her name is Patricia...well she got married and now she goes by "Trish." She is living in Port Alberni and is training at a lawyers office to be a legal secretary....I think. I still haven't processed it all yet. Let me tell you about our relationship. When I was going through some really tough times with my familylife she was my best friend. I practically lived at her house. Sometimes it was easier to be there than at my house. But I loved it. Trish lived in a log house surrounded by forest and we would go exploring and it never failed, we would come back soaked to the skin because we were crossing little streams or we found some smooth rock formations that looked like waterslides and they were sooooo tempting. We would walk on train tracks and sometimes take picnics with us. When we were stuck inside, we would play the board game "Hotels", and some old school computer games. They were my second family. Lately, little things had begun to remind me of her. First, I found my half of a best friends necklace that I had given her for her birthday. That was like 16 years ago!!!! What the Heck! Out of the blue here it comes. So everytime I get something out of my jewellery box I see it and it takes me back. Second, The Phantom of the Opera. I remember when we were obsessed with it. I got her the score for the piano and she tried to teach me how to play....to no avail. But when the movie came out...emotions flowed. Now once again I am thoroughly engrossed with the play in a new generation. But I still own the original London Cast with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman. I love it!

Then we moved from Port Alberni to Victoria and I never saw her again.

More than once I had thought about her and wondered how she was doing. I guess I was scared. Maybe she didn't want to hear from me...who knew? So I never pursued it.
Well this last week I was looking through some old pictures and found her. On the back it said,"Best Friends Forever A.E.A.E.A.E.A.E.A.E.A.E.A.E.A.E.A.E.A.E" Thats right. Man we were corny but it meant everything to me, and to be honest it means everything to me now.
I did all of the moving so I figured I should look her up. So with all the info on the Net I was able to track down her mum and we had a great chat. They sent me some pics and a few I am posting at the end of this Post. I am hoping to make a trip and see them while I am in Canada this August. I will have to put those pictures on here too. I am so excited to be in contact with her. I hope that we are able to be BFF A.E.A.E.A.E.A.E.


L-R: Peter (her dad), Trish, John(her hubby), Erin(her sis), and Carol(her mum)


Trish and her new hubby John (Yea for them!)

2 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Sarafu said...

I Love catching up with old friends, it must have been Old home Week because my friend from high school just came to visit for a couple days. Its SOOO fun to remanise (sp?)!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Sarafu said...

I thought when this said "My Best Friend" you were going to be talking about me! LOL!
FOr the record I hate this comment moderation thing! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home