Thursday, November 02, 2006

No Offense...ha, ha

I hate this phrase. It always said after someone has said something that is mean and hurtful and they know it is going to hurt someone's feelings but they say it anyway. It was put at the end of some slander directed at stay at home moms whose wardrobe is restricted to sweat pants and things of that nature. To say that the comment hurt my feelings is an understatement. Don't say something mean and then say "No Offense", it isn't nice.

Just watch... you will notice lots of people saying it.

4 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

Very true! I have said that when I feel I need to speak truth to someone in a loving way, but really you know that they are going to be pissed at you anyway. :-)

Sometimes people don't care enough to keep their opinions to themselves. Like you said on my blog I think. But, you can look at it from the other side too. I have found myself in situations where everyone is talking about someone behind their back and no one will be gutsy enough to say anything to them about a behavior that is anoying, hurtful or whatever. Then I feel like I need to because the person really needs to know. Then they are mad at me!

But that lady who made that comment really irked me too. She had such a better than thou attitude that irritated me. So what if I like my sweats. I'm still a good person, fun to be around, and a good mom!!! BTW-you always look cute!

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, I will never understand why people get upset about moms wearing sweat pants. Who cares?

I have a coworker who always tells me I'm not trying hard enough to dress pretty and wear makeup. I'm sorry, for work? I'm going to try real hard to look good for a bunch of filthy steelworkers who will just sexually harass me? No, thank you. Plus, I'm married! I don't have anyone to impress but Dan, and he thinks I look good! So shut up, coworker lady!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

I love people and their unsolicited advice. NOT!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

please post...:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home